Dr Shekib ShahbazMBBS (Hons), Dip Surg Anat, FRACS (Urol)
Dr Shekib Shahbaz is an Australian-trained urologist and current supervisor of urology training at Monash Health. He grew up in southeast Melbourne and graduated from school at the top of his year. He gained entry to Monash University Medical School with two scholarships and completing his undergraduate medical degree with Honors. He spent the next four years at The Royal Melbourne Hospital for basic surgical training. During this time, he completed a diploma in surgical anatomy at The University of Melbourne whilst tutoring as an anatomy demonstrator.
Dr Shekib Shahbaz completed four years of advanced urological training in New South Wales before returning to Monash Health in Melbourne for a further fellowship year. He subsequently stayed on as a consultant urologist at Monash Health. He has had further sub-specialty training in numerous centres of excellence across Europe, the United States and Asia.
Shekib is actively involved in teaching, research, and ongoing personal professional development. He has widely travelled and has lived in numerous countries. His compassionate approach and cultural awareness see’s him well liked by patients of all ages and backgrounds.
- Urological stone disease (Medical, Laser, ESWL, PCNL)
- Advanced robotic surgery (Prostate, Kidney and Adrenal conditions)
- Voiding difficulties (Medical, TURP, Rezum, Laser prostate surgery and Urolift)
- Penile prosthesis and incontinence surgery
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery (Nephrectomy, Partial Nephrectomy, Pyeloplasty, and Adrenal)
- Major open surgery (Prostate, Kidney, Testicular, Bladder, Ureter, and Adrenal